The Fairfax County Solid Waste Management Program will be sponsoring one secure document shredding event in each supervisory district per calendar year. These shredding events are free for Fairfax County residents.
Upcoming 2012 Dates:
All events are held from 8 a.m. - Noon.
• May 19; Mason Governmental Center, 6507 Columbia Pike, Annandale, VA 22003
• June 23; Mt. Vernon High School, 8515 Old Mount Vernon Rd., Alexandria, VA 22309
• July 21; Oak Marr RECenter, 3200 Jermantown Rd., Oakton, VA 22124
• Aug. 25; Langley High School, 6520 Georgetown Pike, McLean, VA 22101
• Sept. 22; Sully Governmental Center, 4900 Stonecroft Blvd., Chantilly, VA 20151
• Sept. 29; Fall for Fairfax Event at Fairfax County Government Center, 12000 Government Center Pkwy, Fairfax, VA 22030
• Oct. 20; North County Human Services Center, 1850 Cameron Glen Dr., Reston, VA 20190
Residents are limited to shredding a maximum of five medium-sized packing boxes of paper per household. This service is intended for shredding documents of a personal or sensitive nature such as tax documents, medical or financial records. Junk mail, newspapers, magazines and other forms of paper can be recycled through your normal recycling collection service.
Please remove all paper from binders and remove all paper clips, binder clips and rubber bands. This event is for paper document shredding only, we will not be able to accept information stored on film or computer discs for destruction.
Paper documents are shred on location by a private company and then transported to a local recycling center. For additional information, please contact us at 703-324-5230, TTY 711.
This event is not for medical service providers – it does not fulfill Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, or HIPAA, requirements for document destruction.